Tax Form Information
Although the library used to receive multiple types of tax forms from both the State of Illinois and the IRS, both are now encouraging taxpayers to file their taxes online. As a result, the library receives a very limited number of printed tax forms for distribution. Below are links to help you locate and print tax forms. If you need additional assistance, visit the library and we can assist you with printing at a cost of $0.10 per page.
Tip: Make sure you have the correct tax year before printing any forms. It may be well into February before all government agencies post the most current forms.
Federal Tax Forms (IRS)
Please note that the IRS simplified the tax forms a few years ago. The old 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ forms no longer exist. There is now only a simplified 1040 and a 1040-SR for seniors. Several schedules are already included in the booklet for these forms.
- IRS.gov: This main page offers links to standard forms, specialized forms, online file-for-free, and more.
- Direct links to:
1040/1040-SR Instruction booklet (2020)
1040 Form (2020)
1040-SR Form (2020)
Tax Tables (2020)
Illinois Department of Revenue Tax Forms
Indiana Department of Revenue Tax Forms
Where do I file my tax returns?
- Where to file federal (IRS) tax returns for Illinois residents (click for a list of addresses)
- Where to file Illinois tax returns:If you are enclosing a payment with your tax return, mail to:
ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
PO BOX 19027
SPRINGFIELD IL 62794-9027If you are sending a tax return without a payment, mail to:
ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
PO BOX 19041
SPRINGFIELD, IL 62794-9041
How can I get paper forms?
- Order paper forms from the IRS: You can still request paper copies of forms from the IRS website or by calling 800-829-3676. Order as soon as possible if you prefer paper copies.
- Illinois Department of Revenue allows you to request Illinois forms by email or by calling 800 356-6302 (Forms Order Line – Available 24 hrs/7 days a week).
Additional Tax Assistance – IRS
- General IRS assistance: 800-829-1040
- Closest Local IRS Office:
14479 John Humphrey Dr.
Orland Park, IL 60462
Additional Tax Assistance – Illinois
- Illinois Dept. of Revenue: 800-732-8866 or 217-782-3336
TDD (telecommunication device for the deaf): 800-544-5304
- Check this list for assistance by email.
- Taxpayer Answer Center
- Regional Office Locations
Where can I get assistance preparing my tax returns?
There are a couple of organizations that usually provide assistance with preparing and submitting tax returns free-of-charge, particularly to seniors and those with low income. Check for current locations and hours and make an appointment as soon as possible as time slots fill very quickly.
- IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) Locator Tool
- AARP Tax-Aide
- Ladder Up Virtual Tax Assistance Program Sponsored by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the mission of this program is to provide free basic tax return preparation for low-to-moderate income and elderly taxpayers. This also includes taxpayers with disabilities and limited English proficiency. To participate, you must have an email address, phone number, and access to a computer or smartphone.