Tax Form Information

Although the Library used to receive multiple types of tax forms from both the State of Illinois and the IRS, both are now encouraging taxpayers to file their taxes online. As a result, the Library receives a very limited number of printed tax forms for distribution. Below are links to help you locate and print tax forms. If you need additional assistance, visit the Library and we can assist you with printing at a cost of $0.10 per page.

Tip: Make sure you have the correct tax year before printing any forms. It is often well into February, and sometimes later, before all government agencies post the most current forms.

Federal Tax Forms (IRS)

Please note that the IRS simplified the tax forms a few years ago. The old 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ forms no longer exist. There is now only a simplified 1040 and a 1040-SR for seniors. Several schedules are already included in the booklet for these forms.

Illinois Department of Revenue Tax Forms

Indiana Department of Revenue Tax Forms

Where do I file my tax returns?

  • Where to file federal (IRS) tax returns for Illinois residents (click for a list of addresses)
  • Where to file Illinois tax returns: If you are enclosing a payment with your tax return, mail to:
    PO BOX 19027
    SPRINGFIELD IL 62794-9027
  • If you are sending a tax return without a payment, mail to:
    PO BOX 19041
    SPRINGFIELD, IL 62794-9041

How can I get paper forms?

  • Order paper forms from the IRS: You can still request paper copies of forms from the IRS website or by calling 800-829-3676. Order as soon as possible if you prefer paper copies.
  • Illinois Department of Revenue allows you to request Illinois forms by email or by calling 800 732-8866 or TDD 800-544-5304 or sending an email to

Additional Tax Assistance – IRS

  • General IRS assistance: 800-829-1040
  • Closest Local IRS Office:
    Orland Park
    14479 John Humphrey Dr.
    Orland Park, IL 60462
    M-F: 8:30am-4:30pm

Additional Tax Assistance – Illinois

Where can I get assistance preparing my tax returns?

There are a couple of organizations that usually provide assistance with preparing and submitting tax returns free-of-charge, particularly to seniors and those with low income. Check for current locations and hours and make an appointment as soon as possible as time slots fill very quickly.

  • IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) Locator Tool
  • AARP Tax-Aide
  • Ladder Up Virtual Tax Assistance Program Sponsored by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the mission of this program is to provide free basic tax return preparation for low-to-moderate income and elderly taxpayers. This also includes taxpayers with disabilities and limited English proficiency. To participate, you must have an email address, phone number, and access to a computer or smartphone.