Technology Available @ the Library
The Crete Public Library District offers a number of devices that are available for checkout and/or in-library use. These devices require a valid Crete Public Library card in good standing.
Devices You Can Check Out from the Library
- Several types of ereaders are available for checkout including Kindle, Kindle Touch and Kindle Fire.
- Ereaders checkout for two weeks and must be returned with case, charger and ereader. Please return ereaders directly to the Information Desk. Do not place them in book drops.
- Ereaders come preloaded with popular titles. We will gladly download available items of your choosing from our MyMediaMall collection and add them to the device if time allows.
- The Youth, Adult, and Teen services departments have separate devices loaded with age-appropriate material.
- Ereaders may be reserved through our online catalog or by contacting the library.
- Rokus come preloaded with popular titles from the My VUDU movie streaming service.
- Rokus checkout for two weeks and must be returned with case, charger and device. Please return Rokus directly to the Information Desk. Do not place them in book drops.
- The Adult and Youth services departments each have a Roku loaded with age-appropriate material. You can pick up both of these Roku’s at the Adult Service Information Desk.
Devices You Can Use inside the Library
- Laptops can be checked out for in-library use (maximum of three hours per day).
- To checkout a laptop you must have a valid Crete Library card and photo ID.